Part-Time Sales Associate - Hiring Immediately at our Austin Flagship
1211 E 11th St, STE 101, Austin, TX 78702
Hours and Days: a minimum of one weekend day a week and approximately 2-3 days a week (16- 24 hours weekly)
Benefits include Paid time off, a monthly clothing allowance and employee discount, and a competitive hourly wage.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years experience in a retail or customer service environment
- A team player who is a proactive self-starter
- Warm, engaging and positive attitude
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
First and foremost, each member of the retail staff is an ambassador of the MBS brand and as such, is expected to be kind, thoughtful, and warm while sharing our story with customers along with hands-on knowledge about the MBS collection and the ancillary brands we carry.
The Sales Associate role supports the store leadership team through the cultivation of a store environment that is welcoming, enticing, and a delight to our customers each time they walk through the door. Retail team members are expected to be thorough, engaging, courteous, and organized in interactions while upholding the standards and procedures of the retail store and the company.
As a Sales Associate you are responsible for providing exceptional service in all aspects of the sales floor - greeting customers and sharing our story, selling, product knowledge, styling, cash wrap, restock and overall shopkeeping. In addition to the day-to-day operations of the shop, you will be empowered to support our merchandising strategies, create trust based relationships with our clients and brainstorm and help execute both in-store and external events.
Duties & Expectations:
Sales & Service
The MBS Flagship Store has the unique opportunity to contribute to the community’s knowledge and appreciation of MBS as well as have a profound impact on the business’s financial bottom line. The Assistant Manager must support the balance between these two functions of the space by high-level customer engagement and service, and encouraging the team to meet and exceed sales plans.
- Achieving daily Sales Plan numbers
- Provide elevated and genuine service while serving as an expert in product knowledge and styling and assist in sales with other team members to support the store’s Sales Plan.
- Foster positive interactions in order to build strong customer relationships and engage in clienteling efforts to ensure more walk in traffic especially during weekdays. Contribute to developing clientele base while working towards the development of “regulars”, repeat clientele that is versed in the collection, look forward to new releases, and continuously shop in the store throughout the year.
- Own customer interactions from start to finish and communicating updates to the team.
- Interacting with in-store customers:
- Greeting all guests in a timely manner with warmth and genuine prompts for engagement, i.e., “what are you up to today?” vs “let me know if I can help you with anything”.
- Introducing customers to the brand and orienting them to the space. Giving shoppers the “lay of the land” and providing relevant info: brand story, sizing run-down, current promos or initiatives, upcoming events, etc.
- Being present, available, and attentive
- Assist with placement and display of new product and refreshment of existing product and merchandising
- Assist with dressing of the mannequins to support the story with changes roughly every 2 weeks
Events & Partnerships
Help to plan and facilitate special happenings in the space, community or elsewhere. Assist with brainstorming initiatives, planning, and execution of events.
All applicants, please send your resume and cover letters to our store manager, Ashley, at firstname.lastname@example.org