Current Open Positions (As of May 2022)
- Part Time Sales Associate
Part Time Sales Associates - Hiring Immediately in Austin
Miranda Bennett Studio Flagship - 1211 E 11th St, Ste 101, Austin, TX 78702
Role & Benefits: Part-Time 8-26 Hours Per Week. This position comes with employee discount and a clothing allowance.
About the Position:
The primary objective of the role of Sales Associate is to share our story and knowledge of our product with customers and to support the company’s sales goals. Each member of the retail staff is an ambassador of the Miranda Bennett Studio (MBS) brand and as such, is expected to be kind, thoughtful, and warm while achieving the position's objectives.
The Sales Associate role supports the Sales Manager through the cultivation of a store environment that is welcoming and a delight to our customers each time they walk through the door - whether through visual merchandising or engaging in meaningful conversation about our brand’s mission or the fit of our garments. Retail team members are expected to be organized and professional, and must be available to work on the weekends.
As a Sales Associate, you are responsible for providing exceptional service in all aspects of the sales floor - greeting customers and sharing our story, selling, product knowledge, styling, cash wrap, restock and overall shopkeeping. In addition to the day-to-day operations of the shop, you will be empowered to support our merchandising strategies, create trust based relationships with our clients and brainstorm and help execute both in-store and external events.
Duties & Expectations:
Sales & Service:
- Provide elevated service while serving as an expert in product knowledge and styling to support the store's Sales Plan.
- Build strong customer relationships and engage in clienteling efforts. Contribute to developing clientele base while working towards the development of “regulars”, who look forward to new releases and regularly shop in the store throughout the year.
- Own customer interactions from door to fitting room to cash wrap.
Daily Operations & procedure
- Opening and closing duties including setting up and charging POS systems.
- Record daily sales totals and write the Daily Recap.
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the merchandise, sales floor, fitting rooms and stockroom.
- Assist Retail Manager with processing, receiving and organizing new inventory.
- Relay observed trends, interest, and customer feedback for future orders.
- Report low inventory levels and help maintain correct inventory in Shopify.
- Own placement and display of new product and refreshment of existing product.
- Assist with online fulfillment when needed.
- Assist the Retail Manager by responding to emails in the sales@ account as needed.
- Stay up to date with your MBS email account.
- Help to plan and execute special events in the store, community or elsewhere.
About Us: Miranda Bennett Studio is an ethical & sustainable apparel brand based in Austin, TX, USA. We are honored to participate in the rich legacy of plant dyeing, pioneering its use at scale in the USA. We formulate & dye our collection at our Austin Studio, keeping chemicals out of waterways and off of our bodies. We design, dye, cut & sew our collection in-house within Austin city limits, reducing our carbon emissions and ensuring fair & safe working conditions & benefits for our team, every step of the way. We create the colors in our collection with plant derived dyes - think roots, wood, fruits, seeds and more - and divert 100% or our textile waste from landfills.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org