Part-Time Sales Associate - Hiring for
a March Start Date at our Austin Flagship
1211 E 11th St, STE 101, Austin, TX 78702
Hours and Days: 16- 24 hours weekly to start, with weekend availability a must
Part-Time benefits include Paid Time Off, a monthly clothing allowance and employee discount, and a competitive hourly wage.
Within 3-6 months, there is growth potential for this position to evolve into a full-time roll. Full-time benefits include Health & Dental, Maternity Leave, Short-Term Disability, and the benefits already outlined above.
Full-time availability is not a requisite for this position.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years experience in a retail or customer service environment
- A team player who is a proactive self-starter
- Warm, engaging and positive attitude
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
The primary objective of the role of Sales Associate is to share our story and knowledge of our product with customers and to support the company’s sales goals. Each member of the retail staff is an ambassador of the Miranda Bennett Studio (MBS) brand and as such, is expected to be kind, thoughtful, and warm while achieving the position's objectives.
The Sales Associate role supports the Sales Manager through the cultivation of a store environment that is welcoming and a delight to our customers each time they walk through the door - whether through visual merchandising or engaging in meaningful conversation about our brand’s mission or the fit of our garments. Retail team members are expected to be organized and professional, and must be available to work on the weekends.
As a Sales Associate, you are responsible for providing exceptional service in all aspects of the sales floor - greeting customers and sharing our story, selling, product knowledge, styling, cash wrap, restock and overall shopkeeping. In addition to the day-to-day operations of the shop, you will be empowered to support our merchandising strategies, create trust based relationships with our clients and brainstorm and help execute both in-store and external events.
Duties & Expectations:
Sales & Service:
- Provide elevated service while serving as an expert in product knowledge and styling to support the store's Sales Plan.
- Build strong customer relationships and engage in clienteling efforts. Contribute to developing clientele base while working towards the development of “regulars”, who look forward to new releases and regularly shop in the store throughout the year.
- Own customer interactions from door to fitting room to cash wrap.
Daily Operations & procedure
- Opening and closing duties including setting up and charging POS systems.
- Record daily sales totals and write the Daily Recap.
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the merchandise, sales floor, fitting rooms and stockroom.
- Assist Sales Manager with processing, receiving and organizing new inventory.
- Relay observed trends, interest, and customer feedback for future orders.
- Report low inventory levels and help maintain correct inventory in Shopify.
- Own placement and display of new product and refreshment of existing product.
- Assist with online fulfillment when needed.
- Assist the Sales Manager by responding to emails in the sales@ account as needed.
- Stay up to date with your MBS email account.
- Help to plan and execute special events in the store, community or elsewhere.
All applicants, please send your resume and cover letters to our firstname.lastname@example.org